Day four

While having breakfast in the hotel I check the Alsace weather. My heart sinks. Rain for the next five days. It seems like the end. I leave in the rain anyway cursing the weather as I ride but at least it is not too heavy. As the day progresses I seem to leave the bad weather behind and the sun slowly shows itself.


Wild camping tonight somewhere between Mulhouse and Besancon. 
 
Low on batteries as usual so have to keep it short. More tomorrow. 76km today, which gives me an average of 61km per day. 

I find a place to camp in a farmers field but it is still close enough to the canal to invite mosquitoes galore. Once in the tent however I am thankfully safe and after my first freeze dried meal on route I am soon in bed. I sleep reasonably well despite more scooter rowdies racing through the night. Reminds me of race practice at Silverstone. Cow bells send me to sleep with occasional shotgun blasts and barking foxes.

I do my best to give the mosquitoes a fright ... 

... Next morning dawn breaks over the farmer's field.



Comments

  1. Uhh...looking brighter already!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sent you a text already yesterday...just noticed it is not there...huh?!? Anyway, was saying...really enjoy the blog and also an amazing adventure you have ahead of you!! Keep up the pedaling...GoGoGo...maybe see you in Spain...if you are fast enough :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kirsten! Thanks for your comments, always welcome. Cycling is easier than blogging. Driving me nuts the formatting, which is all over the place. At least the photos are self explanatory. Just tried to post this message from my MacBook and it just gave an error message so here it is again from my smartphone. Safari does not like Blogger and Google is doing it's best to force you to use Chrome. All very annoying when battery and Internet is limited. Anyway I am sure you get the gist of it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts