Day two

I leave my overnight camp spot in Achernsee at 10:00 under clear blue skies. By midday I am in Offenburg and ride 55kms today. Much of it through stunning landscapes of sunflower fields and canals. Suddenly I find myself in France, no border crossings or customs. Of course now in France communication proves more difficult, especially regarding Internet. I have no WiFi and roaming is far too expensive, so uploading images will have to wait. It's a shame as I have some nice photos but maybe in a day or two I will get a chance to upload them. Yesterday I got no sleep as the campsite was next to the main Rhine autobahn. It's a long time since I was even close to an autobahn and I was staggered at the increase in traffic. An unceasing convoy of trucks and cars traveling noisily through the night with no respite. One can only imagine the energy consumed and pollution created worldwide. Mind boggling. Tonight things look more promising as far as camping goes.

Update: 260821

Finally I have Internet to upload a few more photos from day two. This is Offenburg rathaus where I took a lunchtime break. Sunflowers were a constant companion all along the route, as were lizards sunning themselves on the warm cycle path. Above buzzards, kestrels, cormorants and herons were busy. Keeping chickens also seemed like a popular hobby for many rural inhabitants.


Comments

Popular Posts